"Global Excellence in Arts and Science for over a hundred years and counting."
— a flyer in the Two Whales Diner
|Type:||Private Boarding School|
|Coordinates:||Latitude : 45.535068 l|
Longitude : -123.906641
|Appears in:||Episode 1: Chrysalis|
Episode 2: Out of Time
Episode 3: Chaos Theory
Episode 4: Dark Room
Episode 5: Polarized
I GOT ACCEPTED INTO BLACKWELL ACADEMY.
If words could dance this would be a rave. Even though I've never been to one. But who cares because I GOT INTO BLACKWELL ACADEMY, a unique and famous private school for seniors! NO KIDS ALLOWED! I didn't think I would be so excited since it's not like I didn't used to live in the same town. But when I saw the text from the Blackwell scholarship office, I could literally feel my pulse speed up.
But Seattle wasn't like a fable. Au contraire. Now Blackwell Academy seems more exotic to me than any other place in the world. To study photography under Mark Jefferson... SIGH. Insert hearts and flowers. Plus there will be cool diverse students from everywhere. It won't be like my high school now...
In the Two Whales Diner, there is also a black and white flyer of Blackwell, boasting "Global Excellence in Arts and Science for over a hundred years and counting." The flyer also offers free campus tours every third Saturday.
Blackwell is partially owned by, and financially supported by, the Prescott family. In 1998, they donated the dormitory building to Blackwell.
Related Locations Edit
Within the Academy building there are several explorable rooms:
- The Hallways
- Girls' Bathroom
- Ms. Grant's Science Classroom (Room 104)
- Mr. Jefferson's Art Classroom (Room 102)
- Principal Wells' Office (and the adjoining secretary's office)
- Blackwell Swimming Pool (and changing rooms)
- Boys' Bathroom
- Cafeteria and Kitchen
- Computer Lab
- Media Lab
- Math Lab
- Music Lab
- Storage Rooms
- Jefferson's Office
- Business Office
Outside the building, there are several main areas:
The layout of the campus can be seen on a map in the Madsen garage in David's surveillance cupboard.
Faculty Staff Edit
- Ray Wells - Principal
- Ms. Grant - Science Teacher
- Mr. Jefferson - Art/Photography Teacher
- Mrs. Hoida - English and Literature Teacher (currently on sick leave)
- David Madsen - Head of Security
- Samuel Taylor - Janitor
- An-Marie Barenchi - School Nurse
Based on Chloe and Alternative Chloe's Blackwell Report Cards from 2010, the following teachers were at that time, or are still faculty members:
- J. Edwards - Physical Education Teacher
- C. Cole - Art Teacher
- E. Terry - Practical Math and Life Skills Teacher
- P. Jackson - Social Sciences Teacher
- I. Ferdinand - Personal Health Teacher
Known Students Edit
Clubs and Other Groups Edit
Most Prestigious GroupsEdit
- Geek Grrls Book Club - led by Brooke Scott
- Drama Club
- Vegan Club
- Science Gamer's Group
- Anti-Mobbing Support/Discussion Group - led by S. Sorber
- Gamer Guyz (led by J. Romero)
- "Meals on Wheels" (led by Kate Marsh)
- School Newspaper "Blackwell Totem" (Reporter Juliet Watson)
- Bible Study Group (led by Kate Marsh)
A well is something used to obtain water in large amounts. As water is important to human survival, it is associated with good things. Hence, the reason people throw coins down wells in exchange for luck.
The color black holds many negative connotations. It's the color of night and darkness (when people can not see and are therefore vulnerable), the color of bruises and body parts afflicted by frostbite, the color of ashes (which are the leavings of a fire, which can cause great harm), and the color of rotting things. It's connected
Hence we have "Black Well", or "Danger disguised as fortune". And it is a fitting name considering that, despite being a school (and therefore originally intended to give students opportunity and knowledge), Blackwell is a place where a lot of sinister and generally shady things are going on.
- Blackwell Academy was originally, in an early stage of conceptualization back in January 2013, meant to be called "Avendell Highschool".
- The Eye of Providence appears around the school.
- In the Parking Lot, there are references to several different television shows on the license plates: "PRKSNRC" for Parks and Recreation; "THWR" for The Wire; "TPFTHLK" for Top of The Lake on Jefferson's car; "CRNVL" for Carnivàle; "BFFVMPRSLR" for Buffy the Vampire Slayer; "THXFLS" for The X-Files on Warren's car; "TWLGHTZN" for The Twilight Zone; "THSPRNS" for The Sopranos; "BRKBD" for Breaking Bad on Frank's car; "BRDCHRCH" for Broadchurch; "TWNPKS" for Twin Peaks on Chloe's truck; "QNTMLP" for Quantum Leap; "THPRCTC" for The Practice; and "SXFTNDR" for Six Feet Under on Nathan's car.
- ↑ He placed an ad for lost swimming goggles on the Blackwell Pool noticeboard.
- ↑ Both Rory W. and River S. have signed a post card sent to Kate after her suicide attempt on behalf of Blackwell Academy.
- ↑ In the Boys Dormitory, there is an advertisement for an anti-mobbing support and discussion group at Blackwell organized by S. Sorber.
- ↑ J. Romero adversises a gaming group called "Gamer Guyz" in the Boys' Dormitory.
- ↑ Someone called Tyron tries to sell his bike at Blackwell. It's possible that he's also attending Blackwell.
Life is Strange Locations
|Arcadia Bay · American Rust Junkyard (Hideout) · Cemetery · Chloe's Truck · Police Department · Beach · Blackwell Academy · Frank's RV · Gas Station · Hospital · Lighthouse · Madsen Household (Bedroom · Chloe's Room · Garage) · Pan Estates · Prescott Barn (Dark Room) · Prescott Estate · Two Whales Diner · Up All Nite Donuts|
|Hallway · Custodial Room · Main Campus · Parking Lot · Photography Lab · Prescott Dormitory · Principal Wells' Office · Science Lab · Swimming Pool|
|Max's Room · Dana's Room · Kate's Room · Victoria's Room · Nathan's Room|
|Alternative Beach · Alternative Price Household · Bean Hip Cafe · Plane · Zeitgeist Gallery|