|Blackwell Swimming Pool|
|Type:||Swimming Pool Building|
|Location:||Blackwell Academy campus, Arcadia Bay|
|Appears in:||Episode 3: Chaos Theory|
Episode 4: Dark Room
Posters around the Blackwell campus state that on Thursday night, the Vortex Club will be holding an "End of the World" party at the pool.
Episode Three - "Chaos Theory"
In this episode, Chloe and Max break into the pool by stealing keys from Principal Wells' Secretary's office. Max can explore both locker rooms no matter which one she chooses to enter originally. She can also change names on a list for the Vortex Club party, located at the back of the pool behind some equipment, near the back emergency exit. After turning on the lights in the Coach's office, Chloe and Max take a dip in the pool together. Once finished with their midnight dip, the girls dry off and get dressed just in time to evade David, who is investigating the break in. Max and Chloe escape and take off to Chloe's house in her truck.
Episode Four - "Dark Room"
The "End of the World" party, organized by the Vortex Club, takes place at the Blackwell swimming pool. Max and Chloe visit it together, looking for Nathan Prescott.
The building has male and female locker rooms, showers and toilets. There is also an office room for the Coach, displaying Otters propaganda.
Girls' Locker Room
The girls' locker room is much cleaner than that of the boys and has less graffiti. There are three rows of lockers, one on either wall and one in the center that is double-sided. There are benches in between each row of lockers. The player can view three lockers in the girls' locker room. They are Victoria's, Kate's, and Brooke's. The player can view the contents of the lockers as well.
Lockers and Their Content
Boys' Locker Room
The boys' locker room is filthy. There are three rows of lockers, one on either wall and one in the center that is double-sided. There are benches in between each row of lockers and posters all over the walls. Four lockers and their contents are viewable to the player: Nathan's, Warren's, Logan's and Zach's.
Lockers and Their Content
OfficeInside the office is a desk with various stationary and a jack-o'-lantern. Next to the entrance is a large window overlooking the pool and a table with a coffee maker, an observable coffee cup, and drawers that Max can search to find an Otters 2012 swim team poster. There is also the switch to the lights of the pool, a whiteboard showing the goals of the swim team, and practice dummies.
In the entrance there are two vending machines with one for drinks and one for snacks. Doors to the office and girls' and boys' locker rooms are on either side and at the end of the small corridor. There is a bulletin board with two ads for missing and stolen items as well as one flier about climate change. One of the stolen items is a backpack containing a tablet with pictures of a late cat on it. Please view this article for more info about the cat pics.
- Hover over the text to see Max's comments.
Episode Three - "Chaos Theory"
- Max can look at the vending machine."I would love a soda, but I'd just get wired."
- She can look at the trophies."Go, Otters."
- She can look at a poster about the cat pics on a noticeboard."If only I could solve "„The Mystery of the Missing Cat Pics.“"
- She can look at a "The Earth Can't Wait" poster on the same noticeboard."I hope the Otters will survive."
- She can look at a "Lost Goggles" poster on the same noticeboard."I actually don't have the time to investigate this caper..."
- She can speak to Chloe (required).
Girls' Locker Room
- Max can look at a red sock."Where does that other sock go?"
- She can look at some T-shirts inside a locker."Those are some musty-ass old shirts... yuck."
- She can look at Brooke's locker."Looks like Brooke wants to go to the drive-in with Warren..."
- She can look at Kate's locker."A bus ticket? Was she going to run away? Like Rachel Amber?"
- She can look at Victoria's locker.
"don't confuse art with the artist." These are cool shots.""So Victoria's secret is... selfies. "Go fuck your—" No, Jefferson said
- She can look at a swimming poster."If I could rewind back to the 1940s, I'd get in serious trouble."
- She can look at some white towels."Those look like the most cozy comfy towels in towel history. Want!"
- She can look at the flippers."Flippers in a swimming pool? Are they training navy frogmen here?"
- She can look at a weed baggie."Was Chloe here?"
- She can look at an "Otters Eat Beavers" graffiti."The wit, it burns."
- She can look at a "Rachel Abides" graffiti."The wit, it burns."
- She can look at a "Dear Kate, I Don't Care - God" graffiti."Well, we care, dickhead."
- She can look at a "Victoria Chase Rulez" graffiti."This isn't a desperate cry for attention or anything."
- She can look at the soap dispenser."Ew, pink goo. I see why everybody brings their own soap."
- She can look at herself in the mirror."Hello, gorgeous... You wish, Max. You just look like a snoop..."
- She can look at a Rachel Amber Missing Person poster."Sorry, Rachel..."
Boys' Locker Room
- Max can look at a jacket inside a locker."I guess somebody forgot their Blackwell spirit."
- She can look at Logan's locker."I guess I should consider this evolution."
- She can look at Zachary's locker."Zach is really careless. Doesn't he know what happens when I'm around?"
- She can look at Warren's locker."Bet he developed that in Jefferson's class... but why?"
- She can look at Nathan's locker."It's okay for Nathan to be hooked on these drugs, right?"
- She can look at Zachary's jersey."No way am I touching Zach's jersey..."
- She can look at the floats."This must be for training kids."
- She can look at an e-cigarette."Some poor hipster lost their vape..."
- She can look at a "No Worries, It's All Bad" graffiti."Sometimes..."
- She can look at a "Sex Me Up" graffiti."Boys' locker room is right."
- She can look at a "Victoria Loves The D." graffiti."Huh, it's nice to know Victoria loves something besides herself."
- She can look at a "Max is a Feminazi" graffiti."Welcome to 1950."
- She can look at a "I ❤ Warren Gayram" graffiti."I bet you do..."
- She can look at the soap dispenser."This one is almost empty. The guys must like their pink goo."
- She can look at herself in the mirror."Max Caulfield, Moral Avenger. Or Self-Righteous Hypocrite..."
- She can look at a "69 Reasons to Bang Rachel" graffiti."Bros will be bros."
- Max can look at a rescue board."I don't think anybody has ever drowned here... I hope."
- She can look at an oxygen kit."In case I run out of air, I know where to come."
- She can look at a pool toy."Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water..."
- She can look at and modify the End of the World Party guest list.
Add name: "Oh, for just one picture of their faces when they see my name..."
Remove names: "Oh, I am sorry, your names are not on the list... You'll have to eat shit now."Look: "Looks like I'm the Vortex Club bouncer... Decisions, decisions..."
- She can look at and speak to Chloe (required)."Chloe just couldn't wait to splish splash in the pool."
- Max can look at a cup of coffee."Coffee and swimming. Good combo."
- She can search a drawer."Yes, we get it. Otters."
- She can look at a whiteboard."So, the big plan is... „Win.“"
- She can look at a Halloween pumpkin."Aw, look at the baby Halloween pumpkin..."
- She can look at a rescue dummy."Don't even think I'm going to make a move on you."
- She can look at and switch on the lights control panel (required)."Now I have the power over light and death."
Episode Four - "Dark Room"
- Max can look at and speak to Brooke.
Rejected invitation: "Is she mad Warren asked me out?"
Persuaded Daniel: "Are Daniel and Brooke flirting? Right on."Accepted Warren's invitation: "Brooke is so over this party. She's ready to go out with Warren."
- She can look at a set of energy drinks."Energy drinks, soda, energy drinks... I know somebody has the booze."
- She can look at and speak to Courtney.
After talking to Sarah: "So I better see if she can get me into this idiotic VIP section."
Not on the list: "Don’t stress, Courtney, I’m still getting into the VIP section."Before talk: "There's Courtney drinking alone, without Taylor or Victoria. I wonder why?"
- She can look at and speak to Daniel (determinant)."I'm glad I talked Daniel into coming, just to see him flirt with Brooke."
- She can look at and speak to Alyssa.
Didn't warn: "No way, are you kidding me?"Warned: "Look at Alyssa shake that booty."
- She can look at a "No Fucking" graffiti on the pool floor."Ah, the wit of the Vortex Club."
- She can look at a Bigfoot and Otter graffiti on the wall."Bigfoot-on-Otter action…"
- She can look at and speak to Luke."School days."
- She can look at a set of glowsticks."What would a shitty party be without glow sticks?"
- She can look at a "VIP Only" banner."Yes, you do suck."
- She can look at the bouncer."I am so not impressed by this VIP crap."
- She can look at and speak to Sarah (required)."Why isn't Courtney guarding the list for the VIP section?"
- She can look at the rejected Vortex Club member (determinant)."Trust me, dude, you’re not missing anything."
- She can look at and push the lane reel to enter the VIP section."Hmm, I could push this out of the way and officially crash the VIP section…"
- Max can look at a "Fuck Your Selfie" graffiti.Carrie” on the Vortex Club…""Oh, that makes me want to pull a “
- She can have a Moment of Calm on the nearby chair.
- She can look at DJ Doom."The Vortex Club actually hired “DJ Doom” for the party…"
- She can look at Juliet.
so he doesn't pull any “revenge porn” or something…""So Juliet hooked up with Zachary again... She better be careful
- She can look at Zachary."Zachary, if you mess with Juliet I will kick your balls on a loop."
- She can look at Trevor."I love that Trevor doesn't care how goofy he dances in the VIP section…"
- She can look at and speak to Dana."I’m glad Dana ended up with Trevor."
- She can look at and speak to Victoria.
Believed warning: "That didn’t go as bad as I expected. Victoria seemed to believe
my warning, so maybe."
Didn't believe: "Shit, she didn’t believe me at all...I tried...I did try...."
Didn't warn: "Oh man, should I have warned Victoria? Would Nathan even bother her?"Before talk: "Here is the queen bee…"
- She can look at and speak to Logan.
After talk: "After our chat, maybe Logan will start taking his choices seriously...or not."Before talk: "No, Logan, you are not getting any action tonight. Or even a dance."
- She can look at the barman."So the Vortex VIPs get real alcohol at their underage bar... again."
- She can look at several cans with chips."Chips and crackers... spare no expense, Vortex Club."
- She can look at an oxygen kit."That oxygen kit might come in handy if somebody binges."
- She can look at and speak to Taylor."Taylor really shows her Vortex Club spirit."
- She can look at a "Kate Marsh RIP" graffiti (determinant)."Victoria and her meme girls were here."
- She can look at a bong."A bong... give me a break."
- She can look at a wasted girl."She's wasted and nobody is looking out for her... Nobody learns at Blackwell."
- She can look at and speak to Hayden."Surprise, Hayden is trashed. He would dose his own drink first before anybody else's…"
- Max can look at some toilet paper."Apparently, Blackwell has a severe toilet paper fetish."
- She can look at and speak to Justin."Justin’s just a little buzzed."
- She can take an optional photo of Justin aligned with the skeleton graffiti."I'm not in the mood, but still... this could be an interesting shot."
- She can look at an "Exit the Vortex Club" graffiti."The tide is turning…"
- She can look at a poster of the party."I’d like to tear every one of these things down…"
- She can look at a "Kill the Prescotts" graffiti."Chloe must be around…"
- She can look at a vomiting guy."Goodnight, sweet prince."
- She can look at a locked toilet stall."Somebody's either having sex or throwing up... or both. Ew, Max."
- She can look at a bra hanging from the top of the stall."Gross. How did this even get here?"
- The Eye of Providence is displayed in the front entrance to the pool. We can see this from Episode One - "Chrysalis". This probably foreshadows Chloe and Max being there in future episodes.
- There are also signs of Chloe being there before, due to the graffiti in the front entrance, reading the same as the scrawls in her bedroom. "Think like a man", "Just gotta let go", "I aim to misbehave" among others.
- While www.icecapped.ou is not a real website, there is a website similar in name in existence with the same goal: http://icecap.us/.
Life is Strange Locations
|Arcadia Bay · American Rust Junkyard (Hideout) · Cemetery · Police Department · Beach · Blackwell Academy · Frank's RV · Gas Station · Hospital · Lighthouse · Madsen Household (Bedroom · Chloe's Room · Garage) · Pan Estates · Prescott Barn (Dark Room) · Prescott Estate · Two Whales Diner · Up All Nite Donuts|
|Hallway · Custodial Room · Main Campus · Parking Lot · Photography Lab · Prescott Dormitory · Principal Wells' Office · Science Lab · Swimming Pool|
|Max's Room · Dana's Room · Kate's Room · Victoria's Room · Nathan's Room|
|Alternative Beach · Alternative Price Household · Bean Hip Cafe · Plane · Zeitgeist Gallery|