DONTNOD Entertainment are the developers of Life Is Strange. They are an independent French video game development studio based in Paris. The company was founded by former Criterion Games head, Oskar Guilbert in 2008.
Their first game and AAA release was the third-person action brawler titled Remember Me. The game was published by Capcom in June 2013, and is an action-adventure sci-fi game based around a member of a resistance group looking to recover her lost memories.
Life Is Strange is their second game, published by Square Enix. An episodic game, Life is Strange had the first episode released in January 2015 and all five episodes were released by October 2015.
Their third game, Vampyr, is currently in development and announced for 2017. Vampyr is a role-playing game set in the early 20th century, about a doctor who has been bitten by a patient thought to have the Spanish flu.
Michel Koch said in an interview with metro.co.uk that they have two teams at Dontnod, one working on Vampyr and one working on an exciting unannounced game.
Their official website can be found at: http://www.dont-nod.com/
- The word "dontnod" is a palindrome, meaning it is spelled the same backwards as it is forwards.
- The word "dontnod" is in block letters.
- The laterally or vertically inverted letter "N" in DONTNOD Entertainment's company logo appears in the Cyrillic alphabet and is equivalent to the letter "I" in the English/Latin alphabet.
- They had a Reddit AMA for Life Is Strange.
- ↑ Dontnod Entertainment Wikipedia entry
- ↑ http://metro.co.uk/2016/07/27/life-is-strange-interview-live-action-web-series-and-sequel-talk-6033431/ Life Is Strange interview – live action web series and sequel talk