After school on a Friday in late October, Sean Diaz and Lyla Park meet at Sean's house to discuss plans and provisions for a Halloween party set to occur at Eric's house that night. Sean learns his crush and classmate Jenn Murphy is attending, and Lyla tries to help him initiate. Lyla tells him Eric's house doesn't have many supplies and that he'll need to help supply, and writes him a list he eventually fulfills.
Later on, Sean's little brother Daniel Diaz is involved in a conflict with neighbor Brett Foster in their front yard, resulting in a fight between Sean and Brett. Police arrive to assess the situation. The brothers' father, Esteban, runs outside to intervene, and is shot and killed by police officer K. Matthews.
Soon after, the immediate area is disheveled by a mysterious force and the brothers pass out. Sean comes to, surveys the aftermath, and carries Daniel away from the scene in a panic.
Over the following 4 days, the brothers make their first efforts towards reaching their father's hometown of Puerto Lobos, Mexico. The brothers travel between campsites, a restaurant, and a gas station before Sean is assaulted and kidnapped by the gas station's co-owner. Daniel helps him escape, and the pair come across Brody Holloway. Brody drives them further south along the coast, rents them a room at Three Seals Motel, and gives them enough money for bus tickets. That night, Sean and Daniel confront the reality of their dad's death and what it may mean for their future.
- 1452 Lame Avenue, Seattle
- Into the Woods
- Bear Station
- Jewel of the Pacific Coast
- Sand Castle
- Long Road Ahead
- Sean Diaz
- Daniel Diaz
- Esteban Diaz
- Lyla Park
- Brett Foster
- Scott Foster (mentioned)
- K. Matthews
- Jenn Murphy (mentioned)
- Brody Holloway
- Doris Stamper
- Hank Stamper
Featured Music Edit
- "Roads" is rated as "very positive" (with 90% of over 3,000 user reviews positive) on Steam. On Metacritic it currently has a Metascore of 81/100 and a User Score of 5.9.
- GamesRadar calls the episode a "disappointing and slow start to the new season" with a score of 3.5/5.
- IGN praises the episode despite some rather clunky moments and a lack of subtlety for its aesthetic, strong characterization and charm with a score of 7.7/10.
- Trusted Reviews calls the episode "an essential genre-pushing experience that isn’t just for fans" with a score of 5/5.
Awards and Nominations Edit
- Episode 1 of Life is Strange 2 was nominated for the Herman Melville Award for Best Writing in the New York Videogame Awards 2018.
Find optional collectible #1 in Episode 1
|Bear Aware |
Find optional collectible #2 in Episode 1
|Bonus Miles |
Find optional collectible #3 in Episode 1
Find optional collectible #4 in Episode 1
|Trail Angel |
Find optional collectible #5 in Episode 1
|Room Service |
Find optional collectible #6 in Episode 1
Find all optional collectibles in Episode 1
|A Long Road Ahead |
Finish Episode 1
Start any drawing in Episode 1
Concept Art Edit
Promo Screenshots Edit
- ↑ Official VK page post
- ↑ Official Twitter post
- ↑ Metacritic Life is Strange PS4
- ↑ LIFE IS STRANGE 2 EPISODE 1 REVIEW: "A DISAPPOINTING AND SLOW START TO THE NEW SEASON" (September 25, 2018)
- ↑ LIFE IS STRANGE 2 - EPISODE 1 REVIEW (September 26, 2018)
- ↑ Life is Strange 2: Episode One – Roads Review (September 26, 2018)
- ↑ 2018 New York Game Awards Nominees Revealed (January 3, 2019)