"Work hard, mustard big."
— Hawt Dawg Man
Hawt Dawg Man (sometimes referred to as Bob) is a recurring anthropomorphic hot dog throughout Life is Strange, originally seen as a figure in the alternative timeline in Chloe's bedroom, and later in the prequel game, Before the Storm, and its bonus episode Farewell.
He is featured in a videogame Max and Chloe used to play during their childhood years. He has become a common figure for fan art and merchandise. Hawt Dawg Man has also been the subject of many joke theories in the community.
Life is Strange Edit
- He is seen on the entertainment shelf under the TV and next to a teddy bear in Chloe Price's bedroom in the alternative timeline.
- He is seen on Max Caulfield's shirt in one of her alternative timeline selfies.
- He is featured on a poster on the wall of Kate Marsh's hospital room (if she is still alive in "Dark Room").
- He appears on an airplane screen in an alternative timeline in "Polarized".
- He is featured on a photo in the Zeitgeist Gallery.
- There is a calendar featuring Hawt Dawg Man in the general store that Max enters on her way to the Two Whales Diner.
- There is a toy of Hawt Dawg Man on a shelf in the general store that Max enters on her way to the Two Whales Diner.
Before the Storm Edit
- He is featured on one of Chloe's outfits from the deluxe edition of Before the Storm.
- He is seen in the game Eliot Hampden plays on his phone in "Brave New World".
- He is seen as Pompidou's dog toy on the floor of Frank's RV near the driver's seat.
- He is seen as a small figure with a balloon being held by Eliot when Chloe is visiting the hospital in "Hell is Empty".
Bonus Episode - "Farewell" Edit
- He is seen as the design on Chloe's kite in her backyard.
- Hawt Dawg Man was created and designed by concept artist and illustrator Edouard Caplain.
- His slogan is "Work hard, mustard big".
- The Life is Strange Rewind and Play compact cassette, that was advertised on the Square Enix blog on April Fool's in 2016, features a bonus, dubbed "the never before heard Hawt Dawg Man theme song".
- A fan made a real Hawt Dawg Man figurine based off on the figurine shown in the alternative timeline, in Chloe's room.
- On one of the walls of the Blackwell Academy building in Life is Strange: Before the Storm, several graffiti can be seen. One of these graffiti reads "I Mustard Big", which is a possible reference to Hawt Dawg Man's slogan "Work hard, mustard big".
- ↑ Reddit post by /u/IgelRM
- ↑ Rewind and Play - Square Enix blog post (April 1, 2016)
- ↑ Turkletom's Flickr Profile