- I knew it when I met you, I said:
- This girl has the means to change my life.
- And I felt it deep enough to know that
- All I had to do was hold on tight.
- I built up my intention until
- I loved you so much that I could die.
- And even as my body fell apart
- I swear I've never felt more alive.
- Now you’re photographs and memory,
- Like I remember when you said you’d always be with me.
- I’m hoping that in some other reality,
- We’re in your truck driving straight into my fantasy.
- It's strange to think how much has changed;
- That you used to lie next to me in bed.
- And that's incompatible with that
- funny kind of hole that's there instead.
- So carry me away somewhere
- With simple little stories left unsaid.
- So I don't have the time to convince myself
- I made it all up in my head.
- So what if it was destiny?
- Now there’s nothing left for us to be.
- I will never take back what you meant to me.
- I was in love and I meant it for eternity
- And I still do.
- So what if it was destiny?
- You never knew how much you meant to me.
- I wish I could at least have said, "I'm sorry."
- Lastly, love, I set you free.
- Though I still do.
Cristina said the following about the song:
- "There is a certain breed of emotion that pretty much takes over one's life. For me, heartbreak has always been a winner in that category. Since I met my wife over 2 years ago, I haven't felt anything of the sort. I haven't written any songs in a long time.
- Right after staying up late to finish Life is Strange, I woke up in the middle of the night and felt acute heartache. For an hour or more it kept me up; a phantom feeling of an old girlfriend who cut me out of her life mixed with a slow realization that I'd just done something awful to Max and Chloe. Something unbearably awful. The feeling stayed with me into the next day. I guess I did what I always do in these cases: I made art.
- The next day I thought of an old song I had written that reminded me of what I was feeling. I spent a few days thinking over how to rework some of the lyrics to better fit the new theme, then I spent all of Saturday recording and mixing, and all of Sunday pulling clips from the game and editing the video. It was truly a labor of love. I am so happy to share it with others who have been affected by this beautiful game.
- As my personal tribute, I want to offer a free download of this song for anyone who would like to add it to their soundtrack.
- On my initial play-through it seemed obvious what the "right" choice was. After a week, I'm not so sure. That's why I like to think that Max kept the butterfly photo, just in case she changes her mind. It makes me feel a little better anyway. :)
- With love!!
Life is Strange Inspired Music
|"Price" · "Angel" · "Sail Away" · "Storm" · "Forever" · "Take It All Back" · "Passenger" · "Jumper"· "Better Then" · "Postscript" · "Siren" · "Undone" · "What If?" · "Only One" · "Coming Home" · "Life is Song The Beans Song" · "Timeless" · "From What You Left Behind"|
|Eduard Frolov EFG|
|"Chrysalis" · "Carry On" · "Come To Me" · "Lonely Melody" · "Live As Butterfly" · "The Price" · "Say Goodbye Arcadia" · "Let Go" · "She Saw the Storm" · "Hide and Seek" · "Faithful Melody" · "Moment of Calm" · "Blizzard" · "Countdown" · "Finale" · "Petrichor Melody" · "No Way" · "Moving On"|
|Cristina Birkel/Riley Hawke|
|"I Still Do" · "All That Matters" · "Fragile Reality" · "Sail Away - Koethe cover" · "Mt. Washington - Local Natives cover" · "Youth - Daughter cover"|
|"Obstacles Straight Rock Cover" · "Left Alone" · "A Place To Be" · "Heartbeat" · "Fire"|
|"Life is Strange Rap" · "Remember Me"|