Max's Journal includes her diary, details on some characters, notes on items of Max's interest, optional photos, and SMS messages. Her journal pages are full of scribbles, drawings, water colour doodles, stickers and other memorabilia such as photos, booklets, post cards, notes, stamps or calendar pages.Jefferson briefly before travelling to another alternate situation in which the journal is burnt, disabling her from using it against Jefferson.
In Max's nightmare scenes, opening the journal reveals violent and contorted versions of her entries which become laced with Jefferson quotes. This also effects her pictures, texts and character notes.
- If Max looks at her journal in "Chrysalis", she thinks that she hasn't kept up with it as much as she should. As she reads it, she wonders what other people would think if they looked at it. If she looks at it again after rewinding time, she notices that nothing has moved and wonders what is going on.
- Max's journal is visible and Max may open to read it on her classroom desk at the beginning of "Chrysalis", and on the small stand next to her bed at the beginning of "Out of Time".
- Warren's age is listed as 16 on his Blackwell Student Record, which makes it seem contradictory to the fact that Max writes in her journal that he is "her age", since they are two years apart by age.
- After reuniting with Chloe, Max mentions Chloe's piercings in her diary and even draws her with a red earring, although Chloe neither at anytime wears a red earring nor has any visible piercings (she has a belly button piercing, but Max couldn't be aware of that unless Chloe told her about it).
- In the alternate timeline Max creates by preventing William's death, her diary entries are also altered. In the timeline Max creates by handing in her Everyday Heroes Contest photo to Jefferson though, her journal remains the same and all entries made in the previous timeline are still accessible.
- In Episode 1: Chrysalis, page 10 of Max's journal will display the photo she had taken of the blue butterfly in the bathroom at Blackwell Academy. Later, in the same episode, Chloe will take this photo from Max during a conversation they have in Chloe's room. From this point, the photo will have disappeared from Max's journal because Chloe now has possession of it.
- The font used in Max's Journal is called "Dudu Calligraphy" and can be downloaded here.
|Max's Computer · Chloe's Computer · Dana's Computer · Victoria's Computer · Nathan's Computer · Principal Wells' Computer|
|Arcadia Bay Beacon · Blackwell Totem · The Bay Bud Weekly · The Great Northwest · The Independent|
|Max's Journal · Max's Camera · Lisa the Plant · Warren's Flash Drive|