Photography is a central theme in Life is Strange.
- Main article: Artistic References
Famous photographers mentioned throughout "Chrysalis" were: Diane Arbus, Robert Frank, Louis Daguerre and the Daguerreotypes, Robert Cornelius, Henri Cartier-Bresson and his book "The Decisive Moment", Annie Leibovitz, Eugene Smith, Richard Avedon, Robert Capa and his famous photograph, "The Falling Soldier", Robert Doisneau, Steve McCurry, David Hamilton, Man Ray, Philip-Lorca diCorcia and Julia Margaret Cameron.
The Daguerreian Process Edit
- "Louis Daguerre was a French painter who created 'Daguerreotypes', a process that gave portraits a sharp reflective style, like a mirror."
The Golden Hour Edit
- "This is seriously the best view of the sunset. What do photographers call that?" "- The golden hour..."
- "Your iris... That… dilation like a shutter... the pictures you're taking of me now."
- — Mark Jefferson in "Dark Room"
Names of all achievements in Life Is Strange are related to photography terms.