|Appears in:||Episode 1: Awake|
The Old Mill is an explorable location in Life is Strange: Before the Storm. An abandoned sawmill, it has been repurposed into a punk club by Damon Merrick. The sawmill is currently disused and dilapidated.
According to Chloe, the mill is located miles away from where she lives. Chloe hiked along the railway for an hour to get there.
- Main article: Interactions (Prequel)
- Hover over the text to see Chloe's comments.
- Chloe can look at and jump over the fence. (required)."No trespassing? No way."
- Chloe can look at a betting stub."If I owed somebody a thousand dollars, I'd be shitting my pants."
- Chloe can look at the two men arguing.
Second look: "Should probably avoid getting on that guy's shit list."First look: "Those guys need to get a room. Or not. Damn."
- Chloe can look at the RV."This RV's just begging for a little street art. But if I do it here, someone will see me."
- Chloe can look at the back panel of the RV.
Look after graffiti: "I'm sorry, officer, it says what on the side of my RV?"Look before graffiti: "Ah, perfect place for me to work."
- Chloe can graffiti the back panel of the RV.
Not a Meth Lab!: "Definitely, absolutely not a meth lab."
Free candy!: "Hey, kids! Free candy.""Now, what to draw..."
- Chloe can look at the gas can."Guess fire safety isn't exactly high on the agenda here."
- Chloe can look at and have a Moment of Calm near the bonfire."Some say the world will end in fire."
- Chloe can look at the dog kennel.
Look after failing backtalk:"If I move that crate beneath
the loading door, I might be able to get that sucker open.""This place has collected a lot of junk over the years."
- She can move the dog kennel towards the door after failing the backtalk, and look at it again.
Look after moving: "There. Piece of cake."Move: "This thing's heavier than it looks."
- Chloe can look at and listen to the back door of the mill.
Look after failing backtalk: "Might be able to get inside through
that loading door. If I can get to it, that is."
Listen: "This band shreds so hard. I gotta get in there!"
Look after moving kennel: "Now I should be able to reach the latch."Look: "A second door inside? So close, and yet...so far."
- Chloe can look at the bikes."I'd join a motorcycle gang...if I had any friends."
- Chloe can look at the bouncer's bike."Nothing says badass like a nice floral print."
- Chloe can look at the train car."An old lumber car. Guess it's been years since anyone's actually worked here."
- Chloe can look at the machinery."That saw looks ancient. I wonder how long ago the mill actually closed."
- Chloe can look at and speak to the bouncer (required)."I've got to figure out how to get past this guy."
- Chloe can look at and pet a pitbull."That dog is fierce."
- She can look at a drunk girl."Sober up, girl! You're missing the show!"
- She can look at a graffiti on the wall."Don't mess with Damon. Thanks for the memo."
- She can look at a "No Parking" sign.
After releasing brake: "Justice has been served."Before releasing brake: "Yeah, no shit. This car could slide down any minute."
- She can look at and speak to the T-Shirt Vendor.
After speaking: That guy's a dick. I'd love to see his car roll right out from under him.Before speaking: "Is that guy selling merch? Wish I had some cash."
- She can look at and try to take a shirt near the vendor.
Take before speaking to vendor: "That guy's a dick. If I want a shirt, I'm going to need to get creative."
Look after speaking to vendor: "I've got to distract that asshole if I want to grab a shirt."
Take after speaking to vendor: "Can't grab a shirt with this dickhead watching. I need to
give him something else to deal with."Look before speaking to vendor: "That shirt is rad."
- She can look at and release the handbrake of the vendor's car.
from rolling down the ramp."
Look after speaking to vendor: "Releasing that brake would roll the car right out from under
that tool. Do I want a Firewalk shirt that bad? I think I do."
Release: "Sorry, dude. Maybe you shouldn't overcharge."Look before speaking to vendor: "Looks like that parking brake is the only thing keeping that car
- She can look at a water pipe."Nothing sadder than a neglected bong."
- She can look at a knife."Sweet knife. Just like the one my mom refused to get me for my birthday."
- She can look at the skeevy guys."Sketch central."
- She can look at a chill girl."How can you just chill when Firewalk is tearing it up in the next room?"
- She can look at and take a bottle of beer from a bucket.
Take: "Drink more, feel less. Yes, please."Look: "Cold beer, free for the taking?"
- She can look at a dart board."Reminds me of the way I make important life choices."
- She can look at some syringes on a crate."No thanks. I try to avoid hepatitis when I can."
- She can look at a poster of two women kissing."Classy."
- She can look at and speak to Frank.
Before buying weed: "Bumping into my drug dealer at the Firewalk show? Seems like fate to me."
After buying weed: "Despite what he says, Frank's not a bad guy.""Before speaking: Frank Bowers? What is he doing here?"
- She can look at the deer head."Don't you judge me, spooky deer head, I'm here for the band."
- She can look at and push through the crowd (required)."Damn, there are a lot of people here."
- She can look at and climb the stairs (required)."Half those stairs are rotted through. Looks dicey."
- The mill is named "TUMNUS LUMBER CO.", evident from the discolored letters on the building.
- This sawmill must not be mistaken for the (still active) Lumber Mill of Arcadia Bay. A look at the Arcadia Bay maps confirms that those are located at two different places.
- The sawmill stopped functioning during the mid-70s at the latest. Indeed, a wigwam burner can be seen near the two smokestacks. These free-standing conical steel structures — commonly used in the sawmills of the western coast — were progressively abandoned until they were finally outlawed due to environmental concerns in the mid-seventies.
Concept Art Edit
Before the Storm Locations
|Price Household (Chloe's Room) · Old Mill · Train · Overlook Park|
|Blackwell Campus · Drama Lab|