- For the prequel, see Life is Strange: Before the Storm.
A new Life is Strange game, sometimes referred to as Life is Strange 2, was announced by DONTNOD on May 18, 2017. In the announcement video and on Dontnod's website, the game has been exclusively referred to as "a new Life is Strange game". It was confirmed that the team has been working on the second season since the release of the Limited Edition in February 2016.
It was said that DONTNOD is awaited to return with a new story and characters in the release announcement post of Before the Storm's bonus episode "Farewell" on March 5, 2018, stating the following at the end, "We now look forward to the coming months, when Michel Koch and Raoul Barbet’s team at DONTNOD returns to present the new story and characters of the next Life is Strange."
A podcast on July 10th, 2017 with Jean-Luc Cano, main writer for Life is Strange 2, suggests that the game would be released in 2018. He confirmed that the motion capture sessions began in August 2017.
It's to be assumed that we will get further updates and more detailed information on the new game throughout the next months.
Square Enix, as the owner of Life is Strange's intellectual property, will likely act as the publisher again. Before the announcement it was already known that a second team at DONTNOD besides the Vampyr team was working on an unannounced project, which was rumored to be Life is Strange 2.
- In an interview with IBTimes on December 15, 2015, it was stated that Max and Chloe's story was told and that the new game would feature an entirely new cast.
- Alyzian, the artist who worked on the illustrations of Max's diary, confirmed on Twitter that she is working on the new game as well.
- Christian Divine, writer on Life is Strange confirmed on Twitter that he is with the LIS team again.
- The game will probably use Unreal Engine 4 (The original Life is Strange used an improved version of Unreal Engine 3). This is evident from an ad for a job as character artist displayed by DONTNOD mentioning both the "Life is strange team" and Unreal Engine 4. It also shows that new people are joining the developers teams for the new game.
(Promotion and other relevant images will be viewed here.)
(Promotion and other relevant videos will be viewed here.)
- Exactly two years prior to the announcement of season 2, on May 18, 2015, the trailer of episode 3 of Life is Strange's first season was launched.
External Links Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Facebook post by Jean-Luc Carradines Cano
- ↑ Before the Storm’s bonus episode Farewell out now!
- ↑ Jean-Luc Cano invited in the ABCD podcast
- ↑ Reddit post by /u/magicarrot
- ↑ Mocap session for Life is Strange 2 on 9gag
- ↑ Summary of the German article claiming season 2 is in development by Reddit user /u/Bardewi
- ↑ Original German article claiming season 2 is in development
- ↑ Life Is Strange: Directors say season two would work but 'Max and Chloe's story is told' - IBTimes UK
- ↑ Twitter post from Alyzian
- ↑ Twitter post from Christian Divine
- ↑ Job advertisement "Character Artist H/F Junior"