- For the prequel, see The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit.
A new Life is Strange game, sometimes referred to as Life is Strange 2, was announced by DONTNOD on May 18, 2017. In the announcement video and on Dontnod's website, the game has been exclusively referred to as "a new Life is Strange game". It was confirmed that the team has been working on the second season since the release of the Limited Edition in February, 2016.
- In an interview with IBTimes on December 15, 2015, it was stated that Max Caulfield and Chloe Price's story was told and that the new game would feature an entirely new cast.
- Christian Divine, writer on Life is Strange, and Alyzian, the artist who worked on the illustrations of Max's diary, confirmed on Twitter that they are working on the new game again.
- The game will probably use Unreal Engine 4, (The original Life is Strange used an improved version of Unreal Engine 3). This is evident from an ad for a job as character artist displayed by DONTNOD mentioning both the "Life is strange team" and Unreal Engine 4. It also shows that new people are joining the developer's teams for the new game. Unreal Engine 4 is also used for the standalone set-up game The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit.
- It was said that DONTNOD is awaited to return with a new story and characters in the release announcement post of Before the Storm's bonus episode "Farewell" on March 5, 2018, stating the following at the end, "We now look forward to the coming months, when Michel Koch and Raoul Barbet’s team at DONTNOD returns to present the new story and characters of the next Life is Strange."
- A podcast with Jean-Luc Cano, the main writer for Life is Strange 2 on July 10, 2017, suggest that the game would be released in 2018. He confirmed that the motion capture sessions began in August 2017. A 9gag post titled "Mocap session for Life is Strange 2" with a photo seemingly shows someone in a motion capture suit with a framed Life is Strange image in the background was posted on August 6, 2017.
- A roadmap released for DONTNOD's planned IPO on April 19, 2017 mentioned the game in the "En production" (2018-2020) section and describes it with "Episodes". All game covers and mock-up covers are in PS3/4 style, including Life is Strange's mock-up cover.
- Square Enix, as the owner of Life is Strange's intellectual property, will likely act as the publisher again. Before the announcement, it was already known that a second team at DONTNOD besides the Vampyr team was working on an unannounced project, which was rumored to be Life is Strange 2.
- On June 10, 2018, a standalone game set in the Life is Strange universe was announced, called The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit, that serves as a precursor to the events of the second season. During the E3 conference, Dontnod said they will be releasing Life is Strange 2 "properly soon". Emphasizing on not wanting to canonize either final choice from the first season, Co-Director Michel Koch confirmed that the player's final choice will affect some elements in Life is Strange 2.
- Exactly two years prior to the announcement of season 2, on May 18, 2015, the trailer of episode 3 of Life is Strange's first season was launched.
(Promotion and other relevant images will be viewed here.)
External Links Edit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Facebook post by Jean-Luc Carradines Cano
- ↑ Life Is Strange: Directors say season two would work but 'Max and Chloe's story is told' - IBTimes UK
- ↑ Twitter post from Alyzian
- ↑ Twitter post from Christian Divine
- ↑ Job advertisement "Character Artist H/F Junior"
- ↑ Before the Storm’s bonus episode Farewell out now!
- ↑ Jean-Luc Cano invited in the ABCD podcast
- ↑ Reddit post by /u/magicarrot
- ↑ Mocap session for Life is Strange 2 on 9gag
- ↑ dontnod-bourse.com, image
- ↑ Summary of the German article claiming season 2 is in development by Reddit user /u/Bardewi
- ↑ Original German article claiming season 2 is in development
- ↑ Choices you make in Captain Spirit will carry over to Life is Strange 2
- ↑ E3 Q&A Choices for Life Is Strange Season One Carries over to Season 2