|Coordinates:||Latitude: 45.496698 |
|Appears in:||Episode 4: Dark Room|
Episode 5: Polarized (cutscene)
Episode Four: "Dark Room"
Max and Chloe are led to the barn after their investigation into Nathan's involvement in drugging Kate Marsh. Discovering the coordinates of the barn thanks to information provided by David Madsen's files, the girls head out to explore the barn.
Outside, they discover fresh tire tracks and a firmly padlocked entrance, as well as an unfitting modern power supply leading into the derelict building. Max goes around the side to discover a movable metal panel, and the girls enter.
Inside, they discover a chest with information about old deals within the Prescott family, as well as photographs and letters relating to the family.
As Max continues to search the barn, she finds a trapdoor, which is suspiciously more modern than the rest of the barn. She breaks the lock, and the girls discover a code-locked door leading to what is known as the Dark Room, or the Prescott Bunker.
Episode Five: "Polarized"
After being rescued from the Dark Room by David, Max goes outside and calls Warren in an attempt to save Chloe. She learns that Warren is in the Two Whales Diner, and drives there using Mark Jefferson's car, which is parked inside the barn.
- Hover over the text to see Max's comments.
- Max can look at a "No Trespassing" sign."Watch us."
- She can look at an old car."Watson, we can safely assume that this ancient vehicle is not our suspect."
- She can look at fresh tire tracks."Hmmm, these are thick tracks and definitely fresh... Nathan's SUV?"
- She can look at a modern power supply."Now why would somebody run all that electricity into an old empty barn?"
- She can look at Chloe."Chloe is so damn fearless... Where does that come from?"
- She can take an optional photo of a bird.
- She can enter the barn by moving a metal sheet.
- Max can look at a chest containing old Prescott clippings."Chloe would make a great detective too..."
- She can look at a photo of Harry Aaron Prescott."Even Harry Aaron Prescott was into selfies..."
- She can look at an old tractor."This tractor has paid its dues."
- She can search a crate, and discovers a letter from Harry Aaron Prescott to Mr. Lyndon inside."I guess the Prescotts were just born bastards..."
- She can look at the fresh tire tracks."Okay, there's no reason for anybody to drive out here... but there must be."
- She can look at a photo of the barn."Wowser, talk about „Home on the Range.”"
- She can look at a pitchfork."If a zombie shows up, I have my weapon."
- She can look at a hook attached to a pillar.
After finding padlock: "The hook is attached pretty tight to the rope... I could use it to
open the hatch..."Look: "Hmmm, these hooks are used to lift haystacks… I saw them in a "Friday the 13th" movie."
- She can search a crate on a shelf, and finds a bill from the "Pollard Market" inside."Ah, the good ol’ days..."
- She can look at several haystacks."So many haystacks, so few needles..."
- She can look at a rusty button."There’s no way this rusty ass button will activate these ropes or pulleys…"
- She can search the ground in several places, and eventually finds a padlocked trapdoor leading to the Dark Room. After that, there will be several new interactions available:
- Max may try to open the padlock with her bare hands."No, Super Max, you can't open this with your bare hands."
- She can attach the hook to the padlock.
- She can look at and climb a platform to the second floor."Hmmm, the rope leads up to that platform... Must climb."
- Max can pull an old motor towards herself.
- She can look at and stand on the old motor to surmount another platform."That looks sturdy enough to stand on."
- She can look at and try to pull a rope.
Pull: "Nope, I can’t pull this rope without tearing my flesh off. I need to hook this up to
something heavier..."Look: "Here’s the other end of the rope..."
- She can attach the rope to the old motor after rewinding time."Talk about heavy metal... I could use that to open the hatch."
- She can pull the old motor once again to tear the padlock open.
Pull with rope: "MaxGyver strikes again!"Pull without rope: "So that didn’t work at all."
- She can look at and take an optional photo of a sleeping owl."Good evening, "Doctor Hoo"... Sorry."
- There are two optional photos in and around the barn. The first is outside on the fence by the side of the barn; Max can spot a bird there and choose to photograph it if she's quick enough, or uses rewind. The second is in the eaves of the barn, as Max can discover an owl in the rafters. She wakes it as she takes her photo.
- In the Barn, the construction agreement is signed by architect Howard Roark from Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.
Life is Strange Locations
|Arcadia Bay · ACFC Drive-Thru · American Rust Junkyard (Hideout) · Cemetery · Chloe's Truck · Police Department · Beach · Blackwell Academy · Frank's RV · Gas Station · Hospital · Lighthouse · Madsen Household (Bedroom · Chloe's Room · Garage) · Pan Estates · Prescott Barn (Dark Room) · McFlinn · Prescott Estate · Water Tower · Train Tracks · Rue Altimore · Harbor Inn · Two Whales Diner · Up All Nite Donuts|
|Hallway · Main Campus · Parking Lot · Photography Lab · Prescott Dormitory · Principal Wells' Office · Science Lab · Swimming Pool|
|Max's Room · Dana's Room · Kate's Room · Victoria's Room · Nathan's Room · Custodial Room|
|Alternative Beach · Alternative Price Household (Garage) · Bean Hip Cafe · Kroft Gallery · Plane · Zeitgeist Gallery|