The Train is an explorable location in Life is Strange: Before the Storm.
Rachel Amber leads Chloe Price to jump on a train wagon, which drives them to the Overlook. Rachel doesn't reveal where they are going and plays the Two Truths and a Lie game with Chloe. Later, Rachel asks Chloe to jump out of the train, which Chloe has the option to follow or deny. If Chloe denies jumping, Rachel teases her and subsequently grabs her arm while jumping.
Optional Graffiti Edit
Chloe can add to a series of graffitied quotes on a wall after moving the crate out of the way as an optional graffiti.
- See here for all interactions in the game. Hover over the text to see Chloe's comments.
- She can look at Rachel."Just another typical day... skipping school... with Rachel Amber..."
- She can look at symbols on a wall."Guess we're not the first ones to hop on this train. I wonder what the symbols mean?"
- She can look at a shipping label."Woah, Nathan's dad is a Terminator? That... totally checks out."
- She can look at a cargo."I feel pretty confident there's going to be a dead body in here."
- She can look at and move a crate. (required)
Move: Thing's heavier than it looks.Look: "There's my chair."
- She can look at a graffiti on a wall.
some preachy graffiti up in this train.""I see humans but no humanity. Everybody is somebody but no one wants to be themselves. Hmm...
- She can draw a graffiti under this graffiti.
Everybody lies: "Everybody lies. I like that."We are monsters: "Human is another word for monster."
- She can look at some books."I was supposed to read Huck Finn in English last year. Now I'm living it. Price one, Twain zero."
- She can sit on the crate. (required)
- She can talk to Rachel. (required)
- When Chloe is looking for a crate to sit and Chloe observes a cargo box that can be found at the corner of the train, she says, "I feel pretty confident there's going to be a dead body in here," possibly referencing to the Hitman series. In Hitman, a notorious, recurring theme is the ability to hide bodies most notably in cargo boxes. The series was originally published by Eidos Interactive back in 2000 but as of 2009 was purchased by Square Enix.
- On one of the crates, Chloe can find the book Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain.
- One graffti says "Aurora Creek". Arcadia Bay was originally meant to be called "Aurora Creek" before writer Christian Divine suggested "Arcadia".
- Another graffiti says "Unity", which is possible a reference to the engine Deck Nine Games used for developing Before the Storm.
- The symbols on the train's are Hoboglyphs. The meaning might be that the writer or spot is not safe.
- The symbols on the train's wall that Chloe is wondering about when she looks at are the same kind of symbols that can be found in Chloe's truck in Life is Strange. (...)
- At the train's walls, there are several quotes:
- "I see humans but no humanity" is a famous quote by Jason Danohue.
- "Everybody is somebody but no one wants to be themselves" is a reference to the song "Who Cares?" by Gnarls Barkley.
- "All my idols are dead!" might be a reference to the song "All My Idols Are Dead" by Killola.
- "Sorrow will have an end!" might be a reference to 1929 song "Trouble Will Soon Be Over" by Blind Willie Johnson.
- There is a symbol on the train's walls which closely resembles the insignia from the petroglyph on the wall of Owl Cave in Twin Peaks.
- When Chloe tells Rachel that she loves science, she says that she thinks that "Neil deGrasse Tyson is the shit". Neil deGrasse Tyson is an American astrophysicist, author, and science communicator.
Before the Storm Locations
|Amber House (Rachel's Room · James' Office) · American Rust Junkyard (Hideout) · Chloe's Truck · Frank's RV · Hospital · Price Household (Bedroom · Chloe's Room · Garage · Bathroom) · Old Mill · Overlook Park · Neighborhood · Train|
|Blackwell Campus · Blackwell Academy Hallway · Parking Lot · Campus Backstage · Principal Wells' Office · Prescott Dormitory (Drew's Room · Eliot's Room) · Drama Lab · Custodial Room|