What If? The Comic is a webcomic project written by Rowan and illustrated by Summerfelldraws, which continues the Sacrifice Arcadia Bay ending. It was released from November 2015 to August 2017.
- Teaser (November 5, 2015)
- Chapter 1 (November 8, 2015)
- Journal Entry 1 (November 11, 2015)
- Journal Entry 2 (November 13, 2015)
- Chapter 2 (November 20, 2015)
- Journal Entry 3 (November 22, 2015)
- Journal Entry 4 (November 27, 2015)
- Chapter 3 (December 3, 2015)
- Journal Entry 5 (December 26, 2015)
- Journal Entry 6 (January 7, 2016)
- Chapter 4 (February 4, 2016)
- Chapter 5 (March 1, 2016)
- Journal Entry 7 (March 28, 2016)
- Gag Comic (June 29, 2016)
- Journal Entry 8 (October 3, 2016)
- Final Chapter (August 15, 2017)
Theme Song Edit
Song writer and singer Koethe composed an instrumental theme song for the webcomic that was released on February 10, 2016.
"We had that idea since about a month after Dark Room, but we were kinda worried the game wouldn’t end in a way that was favorable to a continuation. Rowan here. Summer, I’m pretty sure we would’ve come up with something regardless hahaha. Still, we all received such an open ending with the “Bae over Bay”. This is truly going to be a pleasure" (November 5, 2015)
"We started talking about this project back in September, knowing that we wanted to do a comic that would continue the story no matter what. It means a lot to Summer and myself that you’re willing to go on this journey with us. I read the tags in your reblogs when I can, as some of you know full well because I write you back, and I want to just show my heartfelt appreciation.
This comic and how much love it has received means the world to me, and your support has helped me through a very difficult year in terms of my family and private life. This is a passion project that I’ve dreamed of doing since I was a kid. Writing for a comic, I mean." (December 10, 2015)
Collaborarive Process Edit
"Here’s a look into how the comics go down.
I write the script in a screenplay format, providing shot design, background, and basic information of what the characters are doing, where they are, and their emotional state on top of the dialogue.
Summer storyboards the entire scene, and we mull it over in deciding if something needs to be added or cut. I also gawk at how pretty her damn work is :3
Summer does the illustration and I look over the dialogue one final time.
We look at the finished comic where it sits in the draft and, if we’re both satisfied, it gets posted."