WHAT IF? A (Fan-Made) Life is Strange Story is a 2-hour fan-made film adaptation of Life is Strange, adapted and directed by Iowa-based indie filmmaker, Carrsan T. Morrissey. The project was announced in September of 2016 on Morrissey's personal social media accounts. Primary filming occurred in Iowa during the Summer of 2017. The film premiered live in Cedar Falls, Iowa on December 2nd, 2017. One week later (December 10th), the film was released on YouTube. As of January 6th, 2018, the film has obtained more than 100k views on YouTube.
WHAT IF? follows the events of the game with some minor alterations, additions, and subtracts from the original plot. Namely, the film removes the Mark Jefferson plotline, and instead places Nathan Prescott in the primary antagonistic role. The film also utilizes Max's rewind powers as a storytelling element.
On January 1st, 2018, the WHAT IF? official Facebook page announced that Morrissey will be adapting and directing a full-length film based on Life is Strange: Before the Storm. The film, titled DAWN: A (Fan-Made) Before the Storm Story, will go into production in 2018 with a tentative release date in Winter 2018-Spring 2019.
- Writer/Director/Cinematographer/Producer/Lead Editor - Carrsan T. Morrissey
- SFX Consoltant - Luke Kreger (Lost Utopia Films)
- Boom Operator - Nick Hoofnagle
Cast (in credits order):
- Shelby Davis - Max Caulfield
- Mads Hoofnagle - Chloe Price
- Abigail Van Patten - Kate Marsh
- Skyler (Zane) Ferguson - Nathan Prescott
- Jason William Lankford - Frank Bowers
- Wade (Allen) Thalberg - David Madsen
- Albie Nicol - Warren Graham
- Scott Schuster - William Price
- Mia Stark - Young Max Caulfield
- Kylie Jean - Young Chloe Price
Rest of cast listed alphabetically:
- Olly Manning - Vortex Club Member
- Jacob Miller - Vortex Club Member
- Finch Moore - Ms. Grant
- Jessica Sund - Rachel Amber
- Angelle Waltz - Victoria Chase