"Pickin' up my lover from the grocery store."
— William in Chloe's first dream
Chloe's journal entry about William is as follows:
If I had a nickel bag for every jerkoff guidance counselor or therapist who tried to get me to write shit about Dad over the last couple years, I would never have to buy weed from Frank again.
I guess they think it helps me cope with my feelings, or whatever. As if a few paragraphs about how great Dad was could help me forget that his guts are probably still plastered to the underside of a semi truck.
And what the fuck am I supposed to write, anyway? That he was the perfect dad, who was always fun to be around and never angry? That he treated me like an equal? That he was constantly working to make our lives better? That he could always make me laugh even when I was being a bitch, that he sang in the shower and hated hypocrisy, and that his BBQ grill is still rusting in the back yard because the thought of either throwing it away or ever using it again are both so painful that it's easier for Mom and me just to pretend neither of us notices it?
If that's coping, then coping can go fuck itself.
Chloe sees William in a dream, where they are driving together in the car listening to country music, on their way to pick up Joyce Price from the grocery store. Suddenly, another car slams into them; Chloe tries to cry out in alarm, but she is too late.
William is seen again in Chloe's second dream after her breakdown. He tires to reassure her that she "made a new friend". William reminds Chloe that people need her even if they don't want to admit it. He points out of the window at Rachel, who is standing by the car.
Episode Two - "Brave New World" Edit
William is seen in Chloe's third dream after she falls asleep in the junkyard. He is sitting on a log, roasting marshmallows next to a burning car. He then feeds the marshmallow to a raven perched next to him. William then tells Chloe about how darkness blinds with loss but fire blinds with beauty. He tells Chloe that "she needs to be careful of being burned". He turns towards Chloe to reveal half of his face is horribly burned. The raven begins eating the charred flesh on his face, horrifying Chloe.
- Chloe Price (daughter) - William and Chloe had a loving relationship given the fact how devastated Chloe is about his death. Chloe comments that William treated her as an equal and never got angry.
- Joyce Price (wife) - William and Joyce had a loving marriage and Joyce is devastated when William was killed.
- Max Caulfield - Being the best friend of his daughter Chloe it can be assumed that William and Max had a good relationship
Memorable Quotes Edit
- "Fire blinds us, just like darkness. But darkness blinds with absence. With loss."
- — William in Chloe's third dream.
- "Fire is jealous, Chloe. It wants all the beauty for itself. That's why you need to be careful."
- — William in Chloe's third dream.
- It is heavily implied by the timestamps on Joyce's texts during Chloe's dream in Before the Storm that the date and time William died is 6/21/2008 at 11:57 am. However, according to the canon of the original game, William died in 2008 when Max was aged 13 (evidenced by the in-game dialogue, "I'm 18 years old inside my 13 year old self... How?", and the journal entry: "Then I found myself actually back in the photo... to when I was 13 years old. I was back in Chloe's kitchen in the year 2008.") The only time period in 2008 that Max would be 13 years old is 09/21/2008 to 12/31/2008.
- This canon inconsistency was patched with the release of Episode 2, "Brave New World". The timestamps on Joyce's texts have now been altered to put the date of William's death on a Sunday and an exact week after Max turned 13. Max's texts have also been altered to match.
- William loves country music.
- William sings in the shower.
- The song that plays during Chloe's first dream is "Burning The Midnight Oil" by Thomm Jutz and Peter Cronin.
- ↑ Heavily implied by the timestamps on Joyce's texts during Chloe's dream in Before the Storm. The only time period in 2008 that Max would be 13 years old is 09/21/2008 to 12/31/2008. Originally, the timestamp was 6/21/2008 but was updated to the current one after the release of Episode 2, probably due to a possible canon inconsistency.
Before the Storm Characters
|Chloe Price · Rachel Amber · David Madsen · Maxine Caulfield|
|Arcadia Bay Citizens|
|Joyce Price · Frank Bowers|
|Blackwell Academy Students|
|Brooke Scott · Dana Ward · Drew North · Eliot Hampden · Evan Harris · Hayden Jones · Justin Williams · Juliet Watson · Logan Robertson · Mikey North · Nathan Prescott · Samantha Myers · Stella Hill · Steph Gingrich · Victoria Chase · Taylor Christensen · Trevor Yard · Zachary Riggins|
|Blackwell Academy Staff|
|Travis Keaton · Skip Matthews · Michelle Grant · Raymond Wells · Samuel Taylor|
|James Amber · Rose Amber|
|Sera Gearhardt · Damon Merrick · Stan Stanwick · "T-Shirt Vendor" · Helen Christensen · Picnic Couple · Caleb · Cynthia Hampden · Sheldon Pike · Peter Gillespie|